By Hanson Cheng at Freedom to Ascend
As an affiliate marketer, you should absolutely have a website to promote affiliate products. From sharing product reviews to promoting affiliate links and banners, a website is essential for any long-term affiliate marketing business.
Now, you’ve probably heard about WordPress as a platform for building a site. If you’re using this content management system for your affiliate marketing website, you’ll need a WordPress theme to build your website on – preferably, one that’s designed specifically for content publisher affiliates.
While you can hire a developer to create a custom theme for you, using a pre-made WordPress theme is often more cost-effective. The best themes make it easy to add affiliate links, product reviews, and other types of content to your website, plus allow for specific customization as needed.
In this post, I’ll share the best affiliate marketing WordPress to consider when learning how to build an affiliate website. With tons of features, these themes will help you create a professional-looking website without spending a lot of money and ensure its maintenance is as easy as possible.
Let’s get right into it.
Join more than 117,000 affiliate marketers!
Get expert affiliate marketing insights delivered right to your inbox. Plus, subscribe now for a step-by-step guide to getting started on ClickBank!
What Are the Best Affiliate Marketing WordPress Themes?
The following are the top WordPress themes to consider when doing affiliate marketing, based on your chosen niche or vertical.
Best For Basketball, Football, And Hockey Affiliate Websites.
Splash is great for affiliates promoting any of the above sports. It’s also a modern, cutting-edge WordPress theme that is responsive and sports-specific.
Team and player page options are excellent for creating an immersive experience for your website’s visitors. You can showcase game schedules, stats, and standings in an engaging way.
With Woocommerce shop integration (featuring custom design options that are perfect for selling team merchandise), this theme is ideal for any affiliate that wants to monetize their sports-related website.
- Responsive design built on Bootstrap ensures that your website will look great on any device.
- The auto-calculate and sort feature is a time saver for tracking your KPIs and keeping track of stats.
- Upcoming fixtures lists allow you to keep visitors informed about upcoming games.
- This theme is bundled with WPBakery Page Builder, making it easy to create custom pages without any necessary coding.
Best For Casino-Related Affiliate Websites
Mercury is handy for various affiliate websites catering to casino and gambling-related products and services.
The theme has a clean and modern design that is perfect for creating an immersive user experience. From poker websites to cryptocurrency gambling sites, this theme can provide a modern look that will set your website apart from the rest.
The theme also features more than 20 shortcodes that make adding custom content to your pages easy.
- Fully responsive modern, clean design for an immersive user experience.
- The retina-ready design ensures that your website will look great on high-resolution screens.
- Cross-browser compatibility allows your website to be viewable on all major browsers.
- Four post templates provide different ways to display your content.
- Twenty-six custom widgets give you the ability to add extra functionality to your website.
3. Simpli Pro
Best Female Entrepreneur and Motivational Blogger Inspired Theme
Simpli Pro was created with the modern woman entrepreneur in mind. It’s a clean and minimal WordPress theme perfect for bloggers and business owners who want to showcase their work in a professional manner.
From the design to the functionality, this theme was built with those wanting a great online presence in their affiliate business. From the custom widgets to the social media integration, this theme is also ideal for anyone that wants to take their online business or blog to the next level.
For example, if you were an affiliate promoting a professional resume builder tool and wanted to display various resume examples built with such a tool, this theme would be great for that.
With the ability to customize as much or as little as needed when using this theme, Simpli Pro is perfect for those that want an affiliate platform (along with other business possibilities) to build their dream website both in the short and long term future.
- Translation ready, so no matter what language your website is in, it can be easily translated to various other languages.
- 24/7 support means that you can get help whenever you need it.
- SEO ready so your website will have the best chance of ranking high in search engines.
- Mobile friendly features, ensuring your site looks great on all devices.
- Regularly updated to ensure that you’re always using the latest, most stable version.
Best for Affiliate Comparison Websites
Blurb was created with the affiliate marketer in mind. This is a theme that is ideal for creating comparison websites showcasing different products and services.
With 30+ inner pages that come as standard, you can create a website that is informative and visually appealing. From the product comparison tables to detailed write-up blocks, affiliate marketers will find all the tools they need.
In addition, specific features that make affiliate marketing more accessible, such as the product coupon and discovery, along with the wish list items, give this theme an extra edge over other competing products.
- The ‘best product’ feature comes with ascending/descending options to help ensure that you’re always showcasing the best products in the order you desire.
- An extended user review system allows you to get feedback from your users.
- Responsive table and comparison design ensure that your website looks great on all devices.
- Post module customized filter panel makes it easy to find the products that you’re looking for.
- Price comparison functions make it easy for your site visitors to find the best deals on products.
Best for News-Related Affiliate Sites
The focus of this Voice centers around the online newspaper & portal websites industry. As such, this theme is perfect for affiliate marketers in the news niche as it provides you with all the features, tools, and resources needed to build a successful online news portal website.
With unlimited fonts and colors available, as well as multiple layout options, you can tailor the design of your website to match your brand. Gone are the days when you had to have a news website that looked the same as everyone else’s.
In addition, with advanced setup options, you can be up and running in as little as 5 minutes, which is perfect for those who don’t have a lot of time to create their website.
- Four pagination types enable you to choose the best way to display your content.
- Unlimited side and sticky sidebars allow you to have as much or as little sidebar content as you want.
- Advanced post selection/filtering makes it easy for everyone to find the posts they’re looking for.
- Over 150 post listing combinations give you tons of flexibility in how you display your content.
- Built-in performance options ensure that your website loads quickly.
6. Themify Ultra
Best for Selling Physical Products Online
Themify Ultra is excellent for designers and developers looking to create a website that sells physical products.
From promoting and selling a wide selection of school lockers to setting up an ecommerce website for a home goods store, Themify Ultra has the features and functionality you need to get the job done.
The ability to load design skins and pre-made demo sites directly onto your WordPress site makes it quick and easy to get started. This includes settings that have been pre-configured to offer the best options for selling physical products.
In addition, with 12 bonus builder addons, the process of selling physical products comes down to installing this theme and playing around with the different features.
- WooCommerce Shop integration allows you to quickly and easily sell physical products on your website.
- Image filters make adding the right effects to your images easy.
- Animating colors add an extra layer of interest to your website.
- 6 archive layouts give you a lot of flexibility in how you display your content.
- Horizontal section scrolling makes lightwork of scrolling through long sections of content for your site visitors.
Best for Content-Based Affiliate Selling
MagPlus is an excellent theme for those looking to sell affiliate products through content marketing. If you want to be able to write and edit your posts in a way that is easy to understand and simultaneously visually appealing, then this theme is perfect for you.
While many hype up online blogging as easy, the truth is that making your content stand out from the crowd can be quite difficult. With MagPlus, you get access to a theme that can work with you to ensure your content is noticed and appreciated.
In addition, with 40+ pre-included templates and the ability to add shortcode blocks to any post or page, you can easily create content (or affiliate advertisements) that fits in with the overall design of your website.
- The theme’s responsive support team allows you to get started quickly and easily.
- HD video and details documentation provide you with all the information you need to start.
- Readymade layouts make it easy to create a website that looks great.
- Typography options allow you to change the look and feel of your website quickly.
- Speed optimization ensures that your website loads quickly on any device.
- The in-built review system allows you to add reviews to your website to help build trust with your audience.
Best for Various Affiliate Business Models
Rehub can be used for various affiliate business models and types of affiliates, making it an excellent choice for those looking to get started with affiliate marketing.
From building an affiliate niche blog to a social community or review site, Rehub has the features and functionality that you need to succeed.
With its eShop design pack, you can quickly and easily create an online store that looks great and is easy to navigate. Rehub is also one of the fastest-loading themes using lightweight scripts available for WordPress.
The theme also comes with mobile layouts and AMP support, so your website will look great on all devices.
- Printable coupon support allows you to easily add coupons to your website.
- Custom Ajax search empowers visitors to perform detailed searches to find what they need on your website.
- Catalog constructor helps you build a catalog of products to sell.
- Extended post layouts give you a lot of flexibility in how you display your content.
- Price comparison functions help you compare the prices of various products.
Best for Affiliates Building a Deal-Focused Website
CouponHut is the perfect theme for you if you want to build a website focused on deals and coupons.
Whether it’s time-triggered coupons based on current events (that might expire in a set amount of time), or general coupons for a store that are always available and give users a percentage-based discount, this theme has the functionality that you need.
CouponHut’s integration with a top-quality rating system also allows you to add user reviews and ratings to your website right out of the box!
- Threaded post-comments gives users the ability to have various levels of conversation on your website.
- 10 page templates help you get started quickly and easily.
- 10 custom widgets can be used to customize your website.
- 2000+ Iconsmind premium icons ensure your design pops on any screen.
- Rich SEO snippets give your website the best chance of appearing high in search engines for your specific keywords.
Best For Multipurpose Affiliate Situations.
Total is one of the top-selling themes on Themeforest, the company that’s built many of the best-selling WordPress themes out there.
A live theme customizer ensures your site will never have to be taken offline for maintenance when doing any design changes. You’ll also be able to see what the live preview looks like before you finalize any updates.
Bundled with premium WordPress plugins (that would otherwise have to be purchased separately), Total is excellent for those just getting started with affiliate marketing or those who want to have a more hands-off approach.
This theme is also built with developers in mind. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced developer, you’ll be able to customize this theme to fit your exact needs easily. In fact, developers can use any of the included 500 snippets to get started.
Whether you want a developer to integrate with a SaaS tool for SEO purposes to help you rank better in the SERPs or you just want a completely custom look for your site, Total can get it done!
- Boxed or full-width layouts allow you to choose your website’s look.
- Custom widget areas help you customize your website.
- Tons of card entry styles give you a lot of flexibility in displaying your content.
- Exclusive builder elements allow you to customize this theme to fit your needs quickly.
- Dynamic templates make it easy to get started quickly and easily.
Best for Finance Firms
Experts is a flexible theme for those in the finance industry.
From investment firms that need to show off their past performance to personal finance bloggers wanting to give their readers the best advice possible, this theme has the right mix of options.
Making a landing page that converts is also possible with Experts. With more than 28 demo pages to choose from, you’ll be able to find the perfect one for your needs. The visual composer also makes it easy to drag and drop your way to a beautiful website and edit as needed.
For affiliates in the finance industry, this theme is a top pick. Whether you’re promoting credit cards, investment opportunities, or personal finance products, this theme will help you do it in style.
- Slider-related options are included so you can create beautiful slideshows to highlight various affiliate products.
- The ready-made layouts help you get started quickly and easily.
- Custom Google Maps ensure visitors can find your location quickly if you also sell offline.
- Customizable header styles to help you create a unique website.
Best Affiliate Marketing WordPress Themes Wrap-up
The right WordPress affiliate theme can make all the difference in your online marketing success. By choosing one of the themes on our list, you’ll have a well-designed website that looks great and is easy to use.
Finally, one last piece of advice I’ll leave you with is to start with the needed features in mind when beginning your WordPress theme search. In a marketplace that is full of choices, you might be overwhelmed with all of the features that are available in each theme, so knowing what you want your website to be able to do beforehand is always a good idea.
Hanson Cheng is the founder of Freedom to Ascend. He empowers online entrepreneurs and business owners to 10x their business and become financially independent. You can connect with him here.